Cherry Almond Milk Smoothie

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I've mentioned before in previous posts like, this one, that I've been eating healthier and more clean, lately. Eating better means giving up all the delicious, yet not-so-good for me foods and snacks; so, I've learned to think of the things I am allowed to eat on this clean diet but that are also great tasting. I've developed a deep love for fruit--which, is not something I hated but I never really wanted to eat them because I was too busy eating cookies, and candy bars in between meals.

One day my sweet tooth kicked in and I needed something sweet and I needed it fast. I remembered that I had purchased some almond milk, and searched around the fridge for fresh fruits. I found mango, strawberries, blueberries, and then I came across a bag if cherries. I'd never had a cherry flavored shake before and I was a bit hesitant to try it out but I just gave it a shot. I took a handful of cherries cut them in half and removed the seeds, next I took about a cup of almond milk, and a tbsp. of organic peanut butter and blended them together. I poured it into a medium size glass and topped it off with a cold cherry. I loved it so much--it was so tasty! I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |