A DIY Gift Idea, Chalkboard Recipe Book

Friday, October 11, 2013

It was my sister’s birthday on, October 5th, and this year I wanted to make her something special. Some of you may already know that is a baker, and runs a small baking business where she sells homemade cupcakes, cake-pops, and so much more but in case you didn't know, now you’ll understand why I’m making her a recipe book. She has so many recipes, and I thought it would be cute if she had one cute book for her to write them all in. 
For this project I used real chalkboard card stock, so she can write on it! How exciting right?! I purchased a large composition book from Target, and I used the stamp sets, Milo’s ABCs, Blissful Botonicals, Love ‘nbreakfast, and Quinn’s ABCs by Lawn fawn for the sentiments, frying pan, and boarder stamp image. For the cute bow on top I used the new Christmas stamp set by, Avery Elle, you can find it by clicking here
All I did for this book was measure the cover, cut the chalkboard card stock to size, round the edges of the right side with my Corner Chomper, and I applied all the designs and sentiments with my stamps, using VersaMark ink—leaving space in between the ‘Menu’ and frying pan image (that’s where she can write what’s on the daily menu, if she wants). Next I covered the stamped images and text with some white embossing powder and I applied some heat, using my heating tool in order to set it. Once that was dry, I applied some adhesive to the back and applied it to the front of the book. I didn't using anything to cover the binding because I really liked how it looked. So I left it as it. 
I also made her some homemade cupcakes for her special day, and I purchase some clear cupcake boxes, made some last minute tags, and I used the Lawn Fawn Pink Lemonade twine for a little extra added cuteness. These are the pictures I shared on my Instagram. I hope you enjoyed this gift idea! I actually posted twice this week, yay me!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea for a gift!!! I love it. I bet she loves it too. =0)
    And your cupcakes look delicious. Do you and your sis collaborate with creations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these gift ideas are so unique! I never would have thought of giving a personalized constellation map as a present. Definitely adding that to my list for the next special occasion!
    design artikel olten

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |