Lime Cocktail

Monday, July 1, 2013

While I was browsing through the newest issue of, Fine Cooking, I found this really great cocktail recipe that I really wanted to try. It's made with only liquor, limes, and sugar. After making this drink I fell in love with it, it's so refreshing and absolutely perfect for these hot summer nights. I have to admit that I tweaked the recipe because my liquor of choice is Bacardi, so I used that instead of the alcohol shown in the original recipe. Another great thing about this recipe is that it's made perfectly for one serving. A lot of recipes I've found for cocktail have about 6+ servings--but I really only want one, hehe. 

Serves 1:

1/2 line, quartered
2 tbs. sugar
2 fl. oz of liquor 

What I did was cut the lime in half, quartered it, and place those pieces into the cup. Next I added the sugar, and mashed the two together using a large stone. Next I added the liquor and ice--mixed, and it was ready to drink. This would be a perfect drink to make for yourself or others at your Fourth of July celebration! Trust me, it's tasty! 

3 comments:

  1. It's supposed to get up to 109 degrees here in northern Cali, so just looking at your post is refreshing! Lime cocktail for the grown ups, and limeaid for the kiddos. =0)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost a brazilian 'caipirinha', only here we use cachaça (I don't know how you call it), so it's a little stronger, but yet very refreshing. And if I may say, it tastes even better if you use a cocktail mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh your posts make me so happy!! :) I definitely want to try this out... it's so simple yet refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |